Tuesday 12 October 2010

One more step forward...

Just had a great couple of days. Yesterday Mrs HF and I took advantage of the gorgeous sunshine and walked for 3 hours - one and a half along the river to lunch at the famous Wilf's in Staveley, then one and a half back. With not a twinge from my midriff the whole time. This may not sound much, but it's such an improvement on just a few short weeks ago where I struggled to walk at all.
Today, we went to the gym. Did fast-ish walking on the treadmill, some weights and some core strengthening. I've discovered I can do the core exercise known as the 'Plank' without a twinge. Which is great, because it is brilliant for core stability, but also a bugger because I've got no excuse not to do it!
So, once again, the slow grind towards some form of fitness begins. I hope I can sustain it this time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi HF, so good to hear you can move again :] and am impressed with your brave plank antics. That's a serious piece of exercise reserved only for the real toughies in my book. (I'm rubbish at it and get Elvis wobbles in all arms and legs after about 10 seconds).

    Glad all sore bits are now behaving and you can get out and about and enjoy the fresh autumn air. Hang in there Hayfella. RB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great news. doing all that core work will really help, try and keep it going even when you're back to full steam -every trip i've ever had to the phsyio, i've been told to do more core strength work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. indeed a great day you have. Wishing you more enjoyable days.
    _
    --A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. ~Charles Darwin
    five fingers

    ReplyDelete