Monday 13 April 2009

On inertia

I kind of knew it would happen. I come back from holiday and have an enormous attack of can't-be-arsed-to-go-running. It all seem so pointless. I'm not getting any younger. It's not going to make me any younger. It's too hard. My spirits have indeed slumped. I've got the first of the Lakeland Trails in a week's time and there's no way I'm ready.
I went out for a River Loop run - my local half hour run - and everything was wrong. My feet hurt, lungs hurt, legs hurt and soul hurt. Sod it. Time to quit.
Decided the only thing to do was to go shopping. So went to Pete Bland's and bought some Innov8 Roclites to replace my Montrail Highlanders that were good, but pinched my feet. They don't 'stretch with wear'. If anything, the constant wet-dry cycles they go through made them shrink a bit.
Sat and looked at my new shoes in their new box.
For a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment