Saturday 23 March 2013

A good week's work...

Last Thursday I did a good tempo run (1.5km easy, then 8km @ 5:10 min/k, then 1.5 easy) in the squally snow.
On Monday this week I did a steady 14km at a pace of 5:32 mins/km - which was cold and squally with snow.
On Thursday this week Mrs HF and I had the Salt Ayre track to ourselves on a bright cold morning (and no squally snow!) where I did 6 x 800m in about 3:20 per 800, with 90 seconds rest between each rep.
Today I went for a swim and - brilliantly and very unusually - had the pool to myself for 750m of lazy freestyle. I used this session as a stretching / strengthening session and thoroughly enjoyed it.

A good week. The running programme I'm following is a '3 plus 2' programme with three runs (a long run, an interval session and a tempo run) and two cross-training sessions. Life, of course, gets in the way a bit, and the cross-training sessions often slip. I'm hoping that, when the weather warms up, I'll be able to get out on my bike a bit more. We'll see.


1 comment:

  1. Those three runs of yours are an ideal combination and is what golden oldies like me should be doing - if only I could discipline myself. Not sure about the cross-training though. Think I'd give that a miss!
    Anyhow, well done you.

    ReplyDelete